The perfect steak
Just garlic and butter
Servings: 8 Serving
- 4 12oz Rib-eye steaks 1 1/4 inch thick, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Recipe for the compound butter
- ½ Cup unsalted butter
- ¼ Cup Italian parsley chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 each lemon zest
- 1 tsp. Thyme Chopped
- 1 tsp. Rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp. basil chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- To make the compound butter, just combine the ingredients in a food processor and pulse till combined. Place on parchment and jelly roll to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Refrigerate till ready to use.
- Preheat oven to broil and place a cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place over medium heat. Place the steak in the middle of the skillet and cook until the side is well caralized, about 1 minute. Flip the steak and cook for another minute.
- Place in the oven to cook until the desired doneness, 3-4 minutes for mid-rare
- Place a slice of compound butter on the steak, enjoy.