Pecan pie tart
Incredibly easy dessert
Servings: 10 tarts
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cup filtered water
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cup pecans
- 10 each 3" prepared tart shells Or use the pate Sucree recipe for the crust
- In a bowl; combine the cornstarch and sugar together.
- In another bowl combine the egg with the water add a pinch of salt.
- In a saucepan over medium heat add the the two bowls together and whisk to combine the sugar combination and the egg/water, bring to a boil to thicken for one minute stirring all the time.
- Add remaining ingredients, excluding the shell.
- Pour mixture into individual shells, cool for 1 hour.