Be sure that the humidity is below 40%. Most candy makers say 60% but thats too close for comfort for me.
Servings: 40 pieces
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp. filtered water
- 1/4 cup Corn syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp. Coarse salt
- Lightly oil a 9x5 inch pan and line with parchment, oil the parchment.
- Cut butter into pieces and combine with the cream, heat to melt the butter.
- In a saucepan combine the water and corn syrup, then add sugar. Heat over medium heat until it has come to a boil. Using a candy thermometer, cook until the thermometer reaches 320°.
- Incrementally, add the butter-cream slowly, the temperature of the sauce will be reduced because of the addition of the cream. When the caramel reaches 240°, pour into prepared pan and place the pecans on top, sprinkle with salt and let it cool for 4 hours.
- To unmold the caramel, invert the pan over a cutting board and cut into 1x1/2 inch rectangles.
- Wrap in waxed paper.