Servings: 1 9" pie crust
- 1½ Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Unsalted butter Cut into small dice, keep the butter cold!
- ¼ tsp. Sea salt
- ¼ Cup Sugar I use maple sugar
- 1 Lrg Egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. cold water or more
- The technique of making the Pate Sucree is at the heart of delicious desserts, pastry and even entrees like pot pie.
- In a bowl combine the flour and butter and salt and using your thumb, pointer and middle fingers, mix to combine the ingredients until the mixture resembles a coarse smaller than lentils size portions.
- Add the yolk and water and mix to combine the dough into one big ball.
- Flatten the ball to a disk and refrigerate 2-3 hours.