These scallops are harvested by people who love cold water. It is the most ecological method of collecting the scallops. Less than 1% of all domestic scallops harvested are Diver scallops.
Servings: 4 Servings
- ¼ cup White balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. honey we like orange blossom honey
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil California produces the best olive oil in the world
- 8 each Diver scallops (u10) washed and muscle removed
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Combine the vinegar and honey together, mix well, add finely chopped pecans.
- Score the scallops by inserting to cross cuts across the top of each scallop.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, add oil, place the scallops scored side down and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the butter and flip the scallops and cook 1 more minute for med-rare.
- Place the scallops on a serving plate and pour the pecan vinaigrette over them.